Re: [HLL] First attempt at website up

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Rop Gonggrijp wrote:

> The very first attempt at a website is up at
>
> https://www.cypherpunks.to/hll

Nice. Want  to be the Cypherpunks webmaster? :-)

I'd like to see a list of codecs (with links to specs) currently under
investigation. Please include bandwidth and MIPS requirements of your
imlementation. Example: the TU Berlin full-rate GSM vocoder
reference  implementation
requires 20 MIPS. I have seen fielded systems that do  it in  4  MIPS.
That's where coding skills come in :-)

> What's going to be the status of this site (and of the project as whole)?
> I'd say it's open to anyone that knows it's there. No passwds or anything...
> Shall I put a mailto:hll@cypherpunks.to somewhere in there?

IMHO, it would  be better to give instructions how to subscribe rather
than the  list address  itself. I  agree, no passwords, unless some
component design teams wants private areas.

-- Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.
   "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"