Re: [HLL] CELP

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Frank Rieger wrote:

> What about using all-in one CELP chips? They are made by Siemens,
> Phillips, Hitachi and one or two US-companies. This would also skip the
> requirement for AD/DA, if we use the advanced ones.
> I must confess, that I have no idea, how expensive they are.

Just check with the major parts distributor. They all have online
catalogs. But using dedicated hardware still doesn't solve the lack of
MIPS in low end machines for purposes of software emulation problem.

-- Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.
   "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"